Saturday, January 30, 2010


Heres a shot taken on the street I live right outside of our church on Christmas day. The man in the back is Barnabus, my next door neighbor, and the rest of the kids are just a few of the children from the community. Most of them live in my building and so I hang out with them alot. They are just the sweetest and oh-so dear to me!




Here is a picture of all the ladies I work with daily at the creche: From left to right in the back - Germaine from DRC with here 1 year old, Esther on her back, Amanata from Burundi, Petronella from DRC (wearing her gift exchange gift, a beautifully tacky princess crown) Mama Bella from Burundi- our cheif, Auntie Maureen from South Africa- our cleaning lady, Renat another South African, Beatrice from Uganda. Beatrice and Germaine are the two teachers that I mainly work with in the 3-5 year old class. In the front from left to right: Veneranda from Rwanda, with her son Daniels -ps he is a really good friend of mine, and I wouldnt be surprised if he "somehow" gets stolen from his mom and comes back to Canada with me... just sayin... , next is Heather, a volunteer from USA that comes to help out once a week, Janine from Burundi who also lives in my flat and is a good friend, Pinky a South African, and Sandra from South Africa. Sandra is the qualified pre-school teacher at the creche and such a strong woman who is constantly getting donations and who has done so so much for the creche.


No comments:

Post a Comment